What Would You Do For A World Series Title?
Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen recently announced that he would cut his long dreadlocks for a World Series in an instant. McCutchen would get rid of something close to him (his hair) in exchange for a something he yearns for (a World Series Championship).
This got me thinking. What would baseball fans be willing to do for their team to win it all?
Here is a checklist in no particular order of potential fan sacrifices.
- Shaving your head
- Giving up drinking/smoking
- Giving up your girlfriend/boyfriend
- Not going to see Batman 3
- Giving up good hygiene
- Switching back to a dumb phone
- Going vegan
- Giving up all your favorite TV shows
- Renaming your first born after a player (wait you probably plan on doing that anyway)
- Growing a beard, even if it is just long whiskers
- Allowing your other favorite sports teams to have a losing season
- Giving up your job
- Taking dance lessons with your significant other
- Friending your Mom and Dad on Facebook
- Stopping to take a photo with the cameramen at amusement parks
- Actually going to the place mentioned on the flyer handed to you on the street
What would you do for a World Series championship? Tweet me @gordonmack and comment below.